Wednesday, January 3, 2007

We're here!


After two flights, way too long in the Frankfurt airport, and no sleep we arrived in Jordan. Yay! We slept late, had some food, and traveled out into Jerash. Ahhh so amazing! My mouth gaped open as we drove from the city to the country. I didn't realize this until we were stopped and the car of people next to us looked at me like I was crazy. Haha. One of the best parts of the day was a Roman theatre. Leigh and I gave a concert to the people there. The resonance was soo amazing! Plus the Jordanian food... ohhh so good. Everyone should come here! Tomorrow we travel through Dubai to Bangalore. It will be a long day, but the beginning of the journey. YES!

Jamie

We made it here, and we're heading out again in the morning! Back on the plane to another country. We have had SO much fun today. Caraleigh actually woke me and Jamie up this morning. Caraleigh has never woken me up! We drove through this beautiful city across the rolling mountains of the middle east. Then we pulled over and looked at spices and ate dried figs..mmmm. We visited an ancient city with beautiful architecture, and it had a theatre coloseum. I sang the oldies song Buttercup! haha. Jamie sang Ave Maria and she sounded amazing. We ate arabic food tonight. I've never had anything like it, and it was so good! Hummus, pitas, eggplant, chicken, lamb, grape leaves, arabic coffee...what a wonderful world

Leigh

we had a great time today.... but I kept having to tell Leigh to close her mouth cause she was in so much awe that her aw kept dropping and I kept seeing Jamie shake her head as if it were unreal! But I must admit that when I first saw them I had to poke them to see if they were really there!! I think that they were a little overwhelmed today cause we saw a whole lot! Got to go finish packing now...
Caraleigh

Yeah..she really did poke us. It was so cool to see her at the airport!

Leigh

5 comments:

suz said...

Amazing photos! Great to see the three together again.

J. J. H. Utley said...

I know I'm not supposed to be jealous, since it's a deadly sin and all, but I WANT TO BE WITH YOU! Next time, TAKE ME WITH YOU!

<3

JJ

justsittingthere said...

i met a healthy indian man who's from Bangalore on my flight back home. His name is Ashwin. If you ever find him, tell him I said hi. I am learning much...including how to grind coffeebeans when there is none. happy times!

Lynn said...

Jamie-Glad to read you are doing well & that you actually found something to eat! Of all the many months you worked at a coffee shop...you didn't realize what plant coffee came from?!?! Too funny! May the rest of your journey go well! So surprised at the $ we collected for you! WOW! Keep in touch & stay safe!
Lots of love from Duncan-
Danny & Lynn

Artistic Culinary Baristas said...

josh...yes there is a recording of leigh singing. it will be mass produced and be on sale upon our return! ascap certified! haha. and there was no reaction from leigh's singing except for caraleigh covering her ears.haha!

suz... it is soo great for us to be together again. so good. tons of laughing to catch up on.

we are drinking lots of coffee. every morning so far. we'll definitely be sharing, but not in report form.

jj... definitely totally next time!

rachel... yay so glad you made it back. and happy you're working and learning the 'resourfulness' of working at Cross Roads Coffee!

lynn... i did know that they grew on trees. but i was not expecting to see them when i did. haha, but so happy to!