Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hello! Sorry we haven't posted in a while. This is the first time we've had access to the internet! We've spent the last few weeks in the mountains on the coffee estates. It has been so beautiful. We've hiked through many coffee estates and watched as they picked and dried the coffee. Black pepper and cardomon grow amongst the coffee. The people here are amazing and so hospitable. Two days ago we went to an elephant training camp and I fed an elephant. I had to actually put a banana on his two foot tongue! And then a baby elephant stuck its trunk in my face trying to get my bananas. haha. We've gone on many walks to waterfalls and streams and red poinsettias actually grow wild alongside the streets. When we wake up in the morning we hear the birds chirping and drink delicious coffee straight from the farm! I will truly miss being here. The climate and the landscape is a lot like home. Miss you guys.

-Leigh