Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Still Laughing on the Other Side

It has been such an amazing time. First off, we touched coffee plants the other day. We hiked up to waterfalls and there were coffee plants lining the trail, and of course we took pictures standing beside them. We have been having such a great time with the family that we are staying with. They have coffee and green tea all of the time, and breakfast is actually a meal here. We're talking like 7 different dishes for breakfast. We've been taking so many pictures too, but I can not figure out how to hook my camera up to this computer. Okay, so just imagine Caraleigh in a red and gold saree, Jamie in a pink and blue saree, and me in a yellow and black saree standing in a garden. That's the picture I wanted to show you! oh, and with our noses pierced. haha, just kidding mom! I really can't complain about anything thus far, I feel soo grateful to be here. Oh, one thing. So we were told it was winter here, so we brought turtle necks and coats. It's like 70-80 degrees! That's their winter. So now were all decked out in kameesas. The sounds are amazing, cows, horns, dogs, cell phones, the mosque, it really doesn't matter what hour of the day it is. You'll always here them. I think I keep laughing too loud and drawing attention, but other than that I'm good. I still can't emphasize enough how great it is to eat with your hands.

Leigh

No comments: