Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I heart India

This place is soo amazing! We are more and more convinced of the greatness of this place. Americans have it all wrong. It seems to be the common phrase among us. The clothing for instance is so amazing here. Sarees are so comfortable and at the same time exquisitly beautiful. I felt like a princess! Eating with a fork... boo! So much better to eat with you hands. Caraleigh says it tastes better that way. Curry is the best thing ever and they have coffee too. What more could you ask for.

Besides this common phrase, our other frequent thing is laughter. I think we totally shock people because we're constantly laughing. Walking down the street, shopping, eating, sleeping, drawing, drinking tea... all laughing. Its like breathing to us. A requirement to be one of the "Coffee Girls."

I apologize for not blogging as much. Everytime I am at the phone & computer place, I end up on the phone with Kevin the whole time. Sorry guys, but he is my husband! We do love it here. And these precious people have captured my heart. And the heart of Him as well. There have been many good conversations and moments I cannot explain, but are forever with me. It is our last night here in this place. Tomorrow we travel to another estate after a party with new friends. Exciting times! Until next time and not sure when that will be... I say bye.

Oh and watch out for those jumping elephants!
Jamie

3 comments:

Mariana Melo said...

Guys im so proud and happy right now...just reading your notes make me laugh too - im telling you is contagious!!!
there is tons of people thinking for you here, is exciting and and mind-blowing how life-changing this is being for so many

J. J. H. Utley said...

You guys are awesome!

Unknown said...

We are praying for you guys back here in Duncan, SC. Hope all is well, sounds as though all is well there. Hey, I have tried to tell my wife that eating with your fingers is the best way to go, but she insist I use utensils.